This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Slow Down the Pace

It's been almost two weeks since I last wrote but in all honesty I had started a post around the 7th of June to bitch about how badly the job at the AGO/Grange House downtown sucked. Basically we were there for two days, sweltering in the city and dug 3 trenches at least 4ft down and were still getting layers of fill from landscaping and other construction, as noted by the pieces of styrofoam we occasionally pulled out.
Since that time we have moved onto two sites situated on either side of some weirdo's property in Markham. We just finished the Riddle site which I like to refer to as the Griddle site because we were seriously being cooked alive in that field after all the top soil had been scraped away. It was also RIGHTNEXTTOTHEFREAKYHOUSE where at least 15 beat up cars were parked on the front lawn. When Katie was doing Grad-alling at the Riddle site, we would walk behind this house to get to the other site (Stover) and we would marvel at all the junk in the backyard, including a mini-tank. Alarming? EXTREMELY!
Anyways, issues of course arose with Griddle. We found 10 cow burials and uncovered what I think was a goat, maybe a fawn or something. Then we found out that ANTHRAX could be a threat to our health if you have to dig up several barnyard animals in a small vicinity and you don't know why they were all buried there. The last outbreak of anthrax in Ontario occurred in the 1960's which is a bit too recent for my liking. Anyways, we had a good freak out about that and Katie wrote a bitchin' letter to the office for not giving us the heads-up on important facts like this, because we have never come across a site like this and in general it just doesn't happen that often. But apparently some animal-excavation protocol is going to come out of this and we didn't have to excavate the beasts after all. Thank God!

On Friday, I had a special one year anniversary celebration in honour of last year's kidney stone, however this year, it manifested itself in the form of a kidney infection. Regardless of the new diagnosis, it sucked and I was in MAJOR PAIN and I sat on an IV drip of saline and morphine for 10 hours. It rocked. I am now starting to get worried about the old kidneys... I hope this is not the start of some lifelong affliction. The weird thing was that as I was looking at my bottle of T3's from last year I noticed that it had occurred on the exact same date. What the hell is that all about??? Let's hope that June 10th, 2006 is not as eventful.

Michaela comes home this week from her 6 week Bio summer course and then she is leaving on Sunday for Algonquin Park to work at the Taylor Statten Camps as a canoe guide. I hope to be able to use my free passes for us on Friday night at Medieval Times. It looks to be a good time.
Anyways, besides all the events at work and related to my health, not much has happened beyond the usual money hassles and figuring out how to afford paying off debt and buying tickets for summer concerts.
I can say that it has been supremely hot here, to the point where it's just awful to even stand still some days, because you still drip with sweat. I have undertaken a new water drinking regime for myself. I am convinced the kidney problems relate to dehydration and that although I am not a person who perpetually craves water, I need to just drink it out of habit. I'll let you know how that goes. I hope to begin implementing gym time into my schedule soon as well.
Ah, goals! It's good to sort of have something to work towards outside of work.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory