This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Junior Mints

I finished the book 'How to be Idle' last night just before bed. It was initially recommended to me by Greg while we of course were talking about the merits of procrastination and student life. But that was a while ago, and I had requested it from the TPL over the holidays. However, apparently I am myself too much of an idler and that damn book is now 4 days overdue. I swear I tried to renew it but some other slacker out there wants to read the book.
I would say the major theme of the book is an unofficial study of how the Industrial Revolution really screwed up the way that the Western world works for a living. In fact, it often made me feel angry about my job because I am kind of stuck for the time being as a slave to the wage because of my loan repayment plans. Otherwise, I might just be discontent that I make too little money but I basically make enough for the things I need and a few of the things I want. Now I am beginning to feel the blood start to boil so I need to switch out of this topic.

I've been listening a lot to James Blunt in the past week. At first I thought he was a Rod Stewart-esque rip off in terms of vocals but now I am really liking that album. I think I will be sitting on the Ticketmaster website tomorrow to get tickets to his show.
Oh, and I am also really liking Dallas Green's little solo outing as City and Colour. I think he needs to ditch Alexisonfire once and for all and make his living as a solo artist.
And that's my two cents for Thursday.

P.S. Today I realized why I never really stick around for the friendship after a relationship is over, besides the fact that it's just never worked out that way for me. It's kind of hard hearing about the other person moving on.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory