This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Tiwsday

I'm not at work and I'm damn happy about it. Yes, it's true that I do not get paid sick days, but it was still worth having a little unpaid 'me' time to do it. Besides, this morning I woke up exhausted (even though I went to bed at a reasonable hour), aching (head and back), and there was a lot of snow I would have had to trek through to get to the subway. As it was, my dad later informed me (when I finally emerged from my room) that the TTC had shut down a major portion of its services on my route so it would have probably taken a few hours to get to work. NOT worth it in my opinion. If I had actually walked out the door to work this morning feeling as I did and had run into that, I still would not have made it in. I would have turned right around and cursed under my breath all the way home. So :P
Oh, and I am so sick of having Valentine's Day shoved down my throat everywhere I turn. Valentine's Day is for people who suck on the other 364 days of the year. They suck so much that they need to have a commercially designated day in which they will be sweet and appreciative of their significant others. This whole Valentine's Day nonsense is getting out of hand and stealing February from us. I have now seen that the Heart and Stroke Foundation is using this month (designated 'Heart Month') to go out and collect for their society. Does February really suck so much that we have to be reminded to love each other and take care of our tickers?
Fuck. I suppose I shouldn't be bitching about this, but Valentine's Day can be made really miserable for a lot of people who aren't in relationships or who aren't in love or who are but aren't with the person they want to be with, for a variety of different reasons. So far as an adult, I've been unimpressed with V-Day. I think my best Valentine memories are from elementary school where you made cards for everyone and got candy. That's how it should be! Simple and sweet. But it usually isn't, unless you get what you want.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory