This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Goodnight and Go

You know what is fucking ridiculous? The weather in my fair province. I had a lovely day on Friday because I got to get out of the office and do some test pitting in Aurora. It was lovely because it was 10C degrees outside. Today, it is -15C. Winter, please kindly decide on a temperature range that is not going to fuck with nature and my mind.

In other news, the house is kind of dull now. It's just Dad and me and the 3 little terrors of course. Mary-Anne is in Calgary with her sisters and Michaela is back at school. This house is of an average size but it feels so empty with only two people in it. I think even the cats are kind of depressed.

On a brighter note, Michaela and I saw Imogen Heap on Thursday at the El Mocambo. Imogen may be better known to some people as the vocalist in the electronic duo Frou Frou. They had that cool song 'Let Go' at the end of Garden State.
Anyways, Imogen's show was so phenomenal because it was so intimate -- I think the maximum capacity of the club is about 300 people and it may not have even been at that number. It really did feel like we had been invited to her living room to watch her play around with her musical machinery and sing to us. It was such a well spent $20. If you have a chance to kick back and check her out, you should. Her voice is just as haunting live as it is on her records, and even then I thought they had been mostly electronically simulated. Well, to be fair I guess there is some manipulation of vocals with a computer, but the girl does it all herself right there in front of you so it's not like you feel like you are watching Britney Spears play her cd on the sound system for you. She actually introduces 'her band' for you so you can see what she is doing up there twisting all the knobs and whatnot. It was like watching the next generation of musical creation unfolding in front of our eyes. No more musicians, just get out the Macintosh and play away. Definitely a different experience than most concerts.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory