This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Monday, December 12, 2005

"No Sleep for Dreaming" say the Architects of Life

Ever have one of those days when you Google your name? Well, dear readers, I found that as of Dec. 12th, 2005, I am damn near impossible to find on Google. I guess I should be thankful really. There are lots of Denise McGuire's out there and they have far more impressive CVs than I could ever hope to have. One is a district attorney in San Francisco, another is a well known psychologist from Denver. I don't see myself living up to these other Denise's.
In my search for myself, I came across this laughable, and truly pathetic summary of Classical Studies graduates in Canada. Oddly enough it was on some UBC related website.
So here goes the stunning newsflash:

Did You Know?

A 2002 survey of Canadian Classical Studies majors two years after their graduation found that:
*100% said they were satisfied with their program and 100% said the quality of instruction was good or very good
*83% said that the knowledge, skills and abilities they had acquired in their program were useful in their work
*100% of respondants were employed, and median income was $30,920


Those factoids just kind of caused me to break into hysterical laughter, panic, and sadness. I am sure you could not have missed that awesome median income there. Frankly, at this point I would take that income as I currently have none.

I also went to www.sloganizer.net and got this slogan for my name:
"You don't want Denise McGuire as your enemy!"
So there!

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory