This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Monday, November 28, 2005

The Devil You Know

Yesterday's Grey Cup was a real nail-biter and I have to admit that I even found myself yelling at the TV at pivotal moments, like when Montreal was in the lead and Edmonton would turn over the ball. I never thought I would sit down to watch a full Grey Cup that the Argos weren't part of but I think my parents are beginning to instill in me a love for the CFL. We will have to see if this carries over into next season.
Next weekend is the Vanier Cup, with my beloved Golden Hawks taking on the U. Saskatchewan Huskies. Here's to a Laurier win! (crosses fingers).
So anyways,... back to the Grey Cup half-time show with the Black Eyed Peas. I thought it was a useless performance and I am even more puzzled as to why the show wasn't by a Canadian artist and how the CFL managed to coerce some Americans to put on a show on their Thanksgiving long weekend. I suspect a fistful of cash and then some was forked over. The only thing I really noticed from that performance was that Fergie has gained some weight on her "lovely lady lumps and humps". There was no way she should have been shaking her booty in those short shorts at a family event, but she did it anyways. I cringed inside and out. She's beginning to show some Kirstie Alley potential, and I mean in a Fat Actress kind of way. If Fergie keeps growing in the direction she has been, then she might be able to pull off a sequel to Kirstie's show. Perhaps 'Fat Songstress' would be an appropriate title. Yeah, I know, it's cruel commentary but if I had the money to make sure my ass was in shape, you know I'd be there.

And onto the depressing news. The Liberals are going down thanks to the non-confidence vote that took place in Parliament today. We are going to have a national vote in January which is annoying since it's a big waste of time and money. I mean, every candidate is a crook in some way. So who does one vote for? There is no satisfying answer, especially when it was so close between Harper and Martin in the last election and is likely to be again. Even after the Gomery report, national support for Martin's Liberals is still at about the same rate it was before that damning report on how much money they stole from Canadians. At least I know the Liberals took money. If the Conservatives have their way, every social program in the country would be up on the chopping block and the rich will keep on getting richer. I personally would rather vote for the devil I know over that other shameful candidate. I mean at least I know the Liberals were/are stealing from us. The state of the Conservative party in this country absolutely disgusts me. I am always frightened by how quickly most Canadians forget about the merger between the Reform and PC parties, which basically made the Conservatives mostly Reformers, causing many Tory supporters to switch over to other parties or to go Independent. The Reform party didn't succeed at much besides revealing what must have been some indication of their agenda, through some of their more colourful candidates who liked to voice racist, sexist, and discriminatory remarks of any sort.
I guess when it comes down to it I could cut up every single political party in Canada right now. None deserve power, but someone has to be voted for. I just wish this stupid non-confidence vote had never come down. You know we'll end up with the same government we have now, and we will have wasted a shitload of taxpayers money and time. Here's to the holiday spirit - election campaigning and maxing out your credit card on over-priced consumer goods. It's going to be a good Holiday 2005. Cheers!

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory