This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Friday, January 06, 2006

Say Hello, Wave Goodbye

Today will mark the close of an approximately two week period on a collision course that took me completely by surprise over the holidays. It makes me teary-eyed now because goodbyes are always hard for me. I hate watching people leave for better pastures and feeling so stagnant myself. Which by the way, is not even true about myself, but sometimes I am pretty good at convincing myself that I am not progressing forward.

Ok, so, maybe what I really hate is watching opportunities walk away. Kissing goodbye chances that could make or break the total happiness factor I'm always aiming for.
Am I talking in enough riddles for you yet?
I've probably overthought this entire thing now because I feel so glum. When it comes down to it, I know nothing of what's to come or what is for the best or worst.
In the past little while I've enjoyed myself a lot, had some good laughs and talks, and discovered some unexpected things about myself and even about other people around me.
Mostly I've realized that I seem to always forget or neglect balancing all aspects of my life. I feel so driven to succeed in my career and will do almost anything it takes to get where I want to go, but in turn, what am I sacrificing along the way?
I'm always leaving for somewhere, always saying hellos and goodbyes. I like the choices I've made so far and I have no regrets now. But ultimately, is this drive going to bite me in the ass one day?


P.S. This blog is two years old today.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory