This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Office Space

This is one of those days when I kind of mourn the fact that this blog is not as personally detailed as I originally intended it. Though, it's probably a good idea that I edit myself by imagining all sorts of horrible fall out if it was discovered by the wrong people.
For instance, when I want to bitch about my job but know I shouldn't. But don't you find that you always complain about the things you love anyways? Must be human nature.
Today was only my first day but it helped me realize that the next four months or so will be loooooooooong. I am looking forward to school in September and I really appreciate that I am going to be digging again in the summer and then back to researching. I think that is really what I am happiest doing.

I forgot to mention this before in my cryptic New Year's Day entry, but Michaela and I spent our New Year's Eve day taking in the Catherine the Great exhibit at the AGO. It was an awesome exhibit and really got me longing to be back in Classics. So much of her lifestyle was spent propagating her legitimacy to the Romanov throne, which she had seized after doing away with her husband. It's no wonder that her obsession with Classical antiquity was referenced throughout her art collections, public works, and personal propaganda. When in doubt about how to promote yourself and your imperialistic goals, look back to Greece and Rome.
It was well worth seeing and I'm only sorry that I didn't see it sooner. Since it is moving onto Montreal tomorrow, I would recommend to friends going to the AIA conference in Montreal, that they try and see it if they can tear themselves away from the lectures.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory