This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Friday, February 11, 2005

London Calling: Arrived Alive

It's been almost 24 hours since I last slept. I watched all three movies on the eight hour flight. They were alright... Friday Night Lights, Wimbledon, and A Cinderella Story starring none other than the ubiquitous Hilary Duff. It was just as cheesy as it looked in tv ads and I was oddly drawn to it because I could not sleep and didn't want to read, play the Nintendo DS that I carried on for Jen's friend, or even listen to music. My head is pounding as I have somehow navigated my way through the airport onto a train into the city and through the tube to somewhere in the neighbourhood of Waterloo Stn. Did I mention that I am about 3 hours early to meet Susan? I don't know how this happened but I don't want to pay for two hours of time on the internet even if it is dirt cheap. What I really want right now is to lie in a comfortable horizontal position for at least 9 hours.
The flight was pretty good for being so seemingly endless. We got into Glasgow fairly early and had to sit on the plane for an hour and a half even though we picked up no new flyers who were going to London. Once we hit London, we flew into the most dense fog I have ever seen, the famous pea soup. It seriously rivals anything I have seen out at UBC when the fog very suddenly and rapidly rolls in off the ocean. It's impressive.
While it's not the greatest day weather wise (Drizzly and foggy) today, it is what I expected and the temperature is about the same as Vancouver. I may just have packed appropriately for once in my life. I was glad to learn that I had even packed 4kg less than the weight allowance. I should win the Oscar of Packing or some sort of equivalent award.

I hope Susan gets off work early today since she did mention there is a week long holiday coming up and most people will be eager to run out of school ASAP. She said something about grocery shopping and tonight we are heading to Heathrow to greet her friend Erin who is also going to be with us this week. At least I can say that on my first day I will have toured both airports, if that is anything to brag about (which I doubt it is).
Anyhow, I feel it is time to write to my parents to let them know I arrived alive and Dave may want to hear from me too. I'll be checking in again in a few days. Possibly with photos, but that may just have to wait until after I get back since I don't think I can upload them to a computer without having loaded the program onto it first. And of course I didn't drag those bloody cd's around the world with me.
See you in a few days.

~D.~

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory