This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Mardi Gras, Pancake Tuesday

Today is the REAL Pancake Tuesday and as has been my habit in the last few weeks, I woke up around 10am. It's getting to be ridiculous since I am trying to go to bed earlier so that I won't sleep as late, but my body must think it's like a few extra bonus hours or something. I'm sure flying to a different time zone 8 hours ahead of this one will help sort things out in a fucked up kind of way.
Anyways, I woke up to pancakes that Jen had started making so the day started out kind of well. Now that I have had a good serving of fat for breakfast what will I be giving up for Lent? Probably as much junk food as possible, not that I eat a lot to begin with but students can always cut down on crappy food, so I think it is an honourable goal.

There isn't much else to say right now. My thoughts are still kind of jumbled from sleep and I have to get to class in a while. Oh right, I remembered that I want to officially declare that some day I will make it to the real Mardi Gras in New Orleans, just like I will make it to the real Oktoberfest in Munich. I have a little list of worldwide festivals that I want to attend at some point and those are just two. To be honest I really can't remember any others but as I recall them I will let you know. I am sure running with the bulls in Spain must be on it, however, I don't want to participate, just observe, because getting gored in the gut would be a bit of a bummer on holiday.

Oh and I randomly found this blog today I Hate My Flatmate and I cannot help but sympathize with this girl. I kind of feel that last year I probably should have dedicated my blog to Lucy*, the WORST housemate I have ever had. I wonder if this girl has had her flatmate 'cook' chicken feet yet. That is truly one of the greatest moments of absolute horror that I had last year, among many others.

*Lucy was a name that Dave and I assigned to her so that I could safely bitch about her on the phone, just in case she ever came out of her room and could hear me talking or in the off chance she had developed some weird eavesdropping system in her room. I admit it was a paranoid action but she absolutely drove me insane. I am sure she is now engaged in driving someone else fucking bonkers. I did have to laugh when she told me that she was subletting a room in an apartment with a woman who had a 4 year old daughter. There is no way that her standards of cleanliness were even remotely alright for a child to be exposed to. Not to mention she liked to leave the apartment door unlocked and the oven and/or stovetop on all night. MMM... Memories.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory