This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Gone to Lake Chemong

Well you won't be hearing from me for a few days because the office is sending me off to a site north of Peterborough near Burleigh Falls. It is an Iroquoian village on Lake Chemong and I hope that things run smoothly. Steve was up there last week and felt that the people were a bit overzealous about this project, mainly because they like to do paperwork and artifact sorting after the work day has ended, although on the other hand, they supply lots of beer. I hope it's nothing too imposing. I don't mind sorting artifacts but I don't want to do so all evening during my spare time. I usually need a good shower and then some time to myself after work. This week is supposed to be killer hot too so I am bringing my bathing suit in hopes that we may be able to swim during lunch. Anyways, as good as it sounds I am sort of reluctant to be shipped off to the house of people I don't know and have to be friendly all week. Sometimes when it's bloody hot and we have to work hard I am just a grump. However, I should keep in mind that it's always good to make connections in archaeology no matter how irrelevant this study is to my own archaeological interests. I'll hopefully be back in good time on Thursday afternoon/early evening so I can start the holiday weekend. I am heading up to Dave's cottage for a good weekend of canoeing, swimming, and relaxation! I cannot wait!!! Until next time... keep fit and have fun.

P.S. I'll try and take some good pics of the site while I am there. On Friday at Walkington we found a pipe bowl with a partial pipe stem, so maybe some equally cool artifacts will be found up at Chemong.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory