This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Friday, March 10, 2006

Maybe I slept too long and missed the game and now you're gone

DENISE


Good things about today: It's Friday which I might add has taken it's sweet time to arrive, it's warm out, and it smells like spring.

Bad things about today: I woke up with a splitting headache and I don't want to be at work because I feel that in this state I would benefit more by being curled up in my bed. However, I can't just skip work on a Friday because it means that I have completed a full work week and I only have to get through all of next week to have a full paycheque for this two week period.
Yes, I do have to coach myself through the work week so that I don't take any pity days for myself. Pathetic I know. Also a sign that confirms what I sort of already knew... I am not destined to be a full time office worker.

I was listening to the Delays on the subway today which was actually the perfect music to be listening to this morning. To me, the music is kind of melancholy but with a bit of hope laced throughout. A good band for a rainy spring day. I love when my iPod (henceforth referred to as Podkin) is on random and manages to throw out a great random sampling of my playlist. Those are good commuting days.
I've been thinking lately that the object of my next good purge should probably be my cd collection. I have so many, a lot of which I haven't listened to since high school. I doubt I will give away a lot, but some just deserve to leave. They were awful impulse buys from the days when I wasn't as tuned into my musical tastes as I am now. I've probably mentioned that 90% of the time I can successfully buy a cd I like based on only hearing a song or two. But that other 10% of the time which doesn't work out will probably consist of my selling pile. There are a few stores around here that claim to buy ANY used cd in good condition, so I think it's time to test that. I have some pretty embarassing stuff to unload and I might as well try and make a profit so I can go out and buy different music. It's worth a try anyways.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory