This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Teenage Angst

Maybe you've heard this story in the news and maybe you haven't. Some girl in Alaska has apparently hinted in her blog about murdering her mother although I can tell you that I didn't find anything more disturbing than the usual teenage depression rant. It's all very bizarre. However, more than 5000 people have felt the need to post respones to her last entry which is fucked up in and of itself. Enough of this...
Went downtown with Jen today to do some jeans shopping... unsuccessful venture. I think I will just wait until I get home at Christmas because at least in Ontario I can find stores like Jean Machine that have a vast selection of jeans that don't start at a minimum price of $150. Anyways the progress on my essay is NIL and I am pretty much fucked since I still have a full week of classes to attend and write this bloody essay for Friday. URGH. I have been trying to make myself sit still and work but I just cannot do it, yet. I have been reading though and making some notes so I know what has to be done. It's just a matter of how last minute it will be put together. This is not turning out the way I want it too either since I should be editing it well before handing it in. Man oh man, why do I always get myself into these situations.

On Friday I found out that there is a turn of events that I might be able to use to my advantage. As some of you know I was not assigned a TA ship by the head of our department. Why, I cannot tell you since my grades are better than most people who were assigned one. Anyhow ... I got over it. Now, the English Department apparently has vacancies in their TA-ships and they have advertised for students to fill them in our department. I may not be qualified but Christie said that she has taken some university level English so she might be able to qualify and then she could give her TA post over to me. In an ideal world this would work out but will the acting Department Head really pass her TA-ship over to me if she gives it up? I am not so sure. It seems that at every turn, I get screwed by this institution. I just have to hope that they at least give me references for the PhD application when I want it. Time will tell how fucked up the situation truly is.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory