This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

R.I.P. Computer

Dear Computer,

I loved you for five years; my longest relationship. We went through many changes with each other. I (hopefully) learned to be a better student with you, and you received many hardware upgrades. Eventually I think our relationship hit a snag when I began to demand more of you. Your capabilities of pleasing me had waned and I was becoming increasingly bitter with your poor performance. I only recently invested in some new RAM for you because I thought it would help you maintain a satisfactory (but hopefully increased) level of proficiency. However, in the end I think my needs wore you out and you've gone and broken our bond. How will I live without you? At least I was able to get my files back from you before you destroyed them forever out of spite. R.I.P. computer, you will never find another user like me.


In other news, Andy is building me a new computer which I will come into possession of when I get home for Christmas. I am very excited about it... wish I had it now. In the meantime, Mel has kindly let me borrow her laptop for the week so I can finish writing my essays. Blech... what a dirty word 'essay' is. At least exams are about 24-72 hours of agonizing (aka studying) and then 3 hours of writing, whereas I could write essays for weeks and still feel like they are total shite. I cannot wait for final essays to be completed and handed in.

To procrastinate tonight, Jen and I walked down to London Drugs where I bought my millionth Terry's Mint Chocolate Orange of the season. In the toothpaste aisle there was a clusterfuck of people. No idea why everyone in the store had congregated in aisle 4 but it was suffocatingly awful. I had a fleeting moment of Tourette's where I wanted to scream out a string of profanities to send the moms, kids, and grannies running for their lives. However, I managed to suppress it nicely by making a quick exit to the shampoo aisle.
Note: London Drugs AND Shopper's Drug Mart no longer carry my favourite shampoo which is very irritating in itself.
In that aisle, some weirdo employee sidled up to where I was standing and just had to start arranging all the bottles on the shelf in front of me. It was quite evident that he must have thought I looked suspicious as he wasn't doing any real work at all. It was a weird night and my calendar says it's not even a full moon, just a Monday.
Ah, London Drugs, always dependable for a good time and creepy teenage employees trying to brown-nose their way to the top by ratting out shoplifters.

Current Essay Word Count: 1738
Final Goal: 5000-ish
Days spent Procrastinating: All Semester

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory