This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Saturday, December 04, 2004

You don't win friends with Salad

Procrastination SUCKS!!!!! I am sitting here attempting to finish this godforsaken essay on the Copper trade from Cyprus and I cannot. I have a great outline and know what has to be written but I cannot sit still for more than 5 seconds. AHHHHHHHHH. Jen and I are going to see National Treasure later tonight which probably isn't a good idea but I figure I will just pull an all nighter to finish this crappy paper after the movie. At least it's a weekend and I can stay up all night if I want. I always feel like shit when I pull an all-nighter during the week knowing that I will be suffering for it through every single class until the weekend. But... if the all-nighter is on a weekend than you can just sacrifice the next day, right? Anyhow... random thoughts galore.

Yesterday Smallville took over UBC by Koerner Library and the Math building and made it Metropolis University. Where is my camera when I need it? I stood around with a million other students who were stopping to gawk and we watched some scene be repeatedly shot from different angles and different light settings. The actors were the girls who play the characters of Chloe (Allison Mack) and Lois Lane (Erica Durance). It was actually kind of cool to see this being made since I have watched Smallville with the Marshall girls since it began. It kind of became a Tuesday night ritual at Marshall St. for all of us to sit and watch it together. No easy feat when 7 people have 7 different schedules. Anyways, I always think of the girls and guys when I think of Smallville. *sigh*

Another thing on my mind lately is the AIA 2005 conference. I looked at the itinerary and I desperately want to go. As it is the other students in our department are sponsoring Karen to attend since there is a session on the site of Morgantina which is central to her thesis. She went to Sicily this summer and visited the site but it was empty... not a soul around. At least at this meeting there will be some of the scholars who work there that she can talk with.
Anyhow... there are tons of different sessions on many different and awesome talks and damnit I wish I had a job to pay to go. I could drive down from Kingston with Jen and Karen on the 6th of January but then I have to pay the fees for the conference ($55 US) and change my flight back to Vancouver on the 9th of Jan to the 10th of Jan which will be at least $25. I also would have to fly out of Boston to Toronto to catch that flight to Vancouver on the 10th ($59 + tax on Air Canada). And then there is the gas money to drive down, the hotel, spending money b/c it's Boston and of course I would go to Salem to see the Museum there. Yikes... it sounds like an awesome 5 days with 3000 archaeology geeks but it gets pricey really quickly. I don't know if I will be kicking myself in the butt later because I didn't go. It's probably best for me to just come directly back to Vancouver on the 9th. I think I would rather shell out the money to visit Susan in London during Reading Week. Man... why does this year have to be a year when I want to do lots of travelling and have limited amounts of money? Sometimes I really just HATE MONEY. Guess I'll go buy a lottery ticket now.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory