This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Monday, March 13, 2006

Dashed Hopes

The weekend was so lovely and temperate that I slept with my windows open all night but today I woke up to torrential rain, a thunderstorm, and the dreaded phone call that I wouldn't be working in the field today. It was the one thing I had looked forward to all weekend -- not starting the week in the office.
As a result of the hope of fieldwork I went to bed late last night because I was pulling out all my field clothes. It's always easier to go to work tired if you are digging than it is to show up feeling like crap (and looking like it) to the office. At least on the way to work in the summer there is a guaranteed half hour or more car ride and a stop along the way at a coffee shop. No such thing today, and to top it off I had no subway tokens or the cash to buy any.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory