This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Twisted Logic Tour

"Give me a plane crash where everyone survives." - 'Politik', Chris Martin, Aug. 2, 2005.

Sometimes miracles really do happen, like when 309 people walk away from a burning plane that managed to land in the middle of a vicious thunderstorm.
Last night I walked out of the house to head to the Coldplay concert and could smell the burning rubber and smoke in the air several hours after the crash had occurred, and I live about 30km away from the airport. That's got to say something about the craziness of the situation. I myself feel comforted that if I ever fly with Air France, at least the crew are extremely well trained to deal with such an incident. Enough said, except this one last thought: that I find it weird to turn on CNN and watch coverage of the developing details of this story. It's weird to see your Canadian hometown on CNN. I swear they are milking it for as much drama as they can. I can imagine what the newsroom at CNN was like when there was no bodycount to report, probably a lot of depressed people. Perhaps that's evil to say, but American news always seems to aim for the sensational, and even though this story is certainly that, I don't think it is what they were bargaining for.

In archaeology news, tomorrow should be our last day at Trull, we are just finishing up mapping the well and digging test units in a midden. We have gotten a lot of cool stuff from the root cellar, loads of coins (ranging from 1833-1859), and household items like dress pins, thimbles, a variety of buttons, slate pencils, pieces of slate boards, pipes, cutlery, etc. I love this place, but I hate the walk into the site which changes ever so slightly everyday depending on where the construction crews have moved and rearranged their massive mountains of dirt. Sometimes I think they move their dirt just to challenge us because technically we are holding up the progress they can make by clearing the field that we are working in. Too bad they probably aren't aware of the fact that there is a massive barn in the woodlot behind us which has fallen in on itself and there are a couple of abandoned cars from the 50s out there. It's a crazy place! I am going to try and take some pictures tomorrow of the site and hopefully some of the cooler artifacts. I will definitely take a photo of a pipe that we found today that has a face on the bowl. It's a rare find!

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory