This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A soothsayer bids you beware of the Ides of March


Ides \YDZ\, plural noun:
In the ancient Roman calendar the fifteenth day of March, May, July, and October, and the thirteenth day of the other months.
Ides comes from Latin 'idus', probably from an Etruscan wordmeaning "division" of a month.

If you choose to calculate by our modern calendar system then today is approximately 2050 years since Caesar was assassinated in the Portico of the Theatre of Pompey in Rome. What a decisive action and reaction that caused...

Already today has started out weird. Again, fieldwork was called off and I am at the office instead. I hate being 'on call' like this because it just causes chaos for my morning routine.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory