This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Monday, July 10, 2006

Reality TV vs. Brigitte Neilsen

So, I read on the IMDb gossip page today that Brigitte Neilsen has gotten married to her fifth husband for a second time since the first time they tried to get married was apparently invalid.
Now personally, I don't really care too much about this because it's all fluff, HOWEVER, I always thought that she and rapper Flava Flav were going to get hitched after they hooked up on "The Surreal Life".
I can't believe I just admitted I watched "The Surreal Life" but there you have it. I was a grad student then, clearly mastering my skills of procrastination. And in my defense, I wasn't the only one in my department to watch this because I clearly remember discussing the series with other students before class one day. Obviously a special thanks should go out to Much More Music's quality choices in programming, which are attractive to grad students because they sucked me (and others) in and I watched that mind numbing show which celebrates the madness of D-List celebrities living in a mansion for two weeks.
Anyways, after Brigitte and Flav hooked up on the "S.L.", I think they did another series which followed their bizarro relationship called "Crazy Love". Sadly, I never saw that one. Never got to see drunken Brigitte berate Flav's awful grill of gold teeth again. Tragic.
Anyways, my point is that I thought that series was done fairly recently (although, my sense of the passage of time has been warped in recent months)... but clearly that relationship died quickly.
It's not like it had a chance, but, you always thought to yourself that these two people are so INSANE, that perhaps they ARE meant for each other.
So, now instead it's husband number five for the second time. I hope Brigitte is consuming just as much alcohol as ever (because it's funny when she drinks), and I hope that No. 5 works out for her. Don't you think that alcohol could have been a factor in the first attempt being null and void?
If anything, it seems that Brigitte's entire life could be tailor made for reality tv ridiculousness. She's just that entertaining.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory