This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Ready to Roll

Well, my summer is officially over. My job ended on Friday and I've been sitting here avoiding packing all weekend. It looks like I'll have to suck it up and actually do some of it today, but I think it will be easier to handle now.
I've spent the last two weeks on the road with my crew which is an experience I had never had with them since I was always sent away from them to work on other projects when road trips happened, or I was sent away to work on other road trips without them.

It's hard for me to leave that job right now because I feel like we all really clicked this summer. I feel like we're all really great friends and I spent more time with them in the past six months than I did my family or other friends.
The other hard thing is the uncertainty of not knowing when I'll have a trowel in hand again. Of course my trowel is coming with me to England... but when it's actually going to be put into dirt is the unknown factor.

I have days when I wish that I could finish out the season which is probably only another 10 weeks, but then I think to myself that my body is hurting and I longed for the return to academics for so long, that there is really no good reason to delay the inevitable. I want what I want and I'm going to go and get it, damn it.
Still, I can't help getting teary-eyed when I think of the people I have to leave behind. This transitioning sucks.

Well, I've got a long day ahead of me here... trying to compress my life into two suitcases and a carry-on bag. It's not going to be pretty but if there's one thing I need less of, it's probably all the clutter that I think I need but don't.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory