This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Rabbit is Back!

I was so excited when I first heard that the VW Rabbit was being reintroduced in North America.
On further research, I see that it is just a rebranding of the VW Golf which is the name it will retain outside of North America.
In fact, it seems that the Rabbit was only ever branded for North America, whereas it was always the Golf everywhere else.
Regardless of the confusion, this was my parents first car and the first car that I ever remember being toted around in when I was a baby.
We had our white rabbit until the late 80s I believe... maybe we got rid of it sometime around '86-'87.
But, it still makes me smile every time I think of it.
Welcome home 5th generation Golf/Rabbit! I missed your logo on the streets.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory