This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Dreamworks

I had an alarming dream last night. I suppose the subject was not alarming in and of itself, but I definitely felt shaken as I was waking up with the remnants of its events still running through my head.
This may sound ridiculous, but basically the dream was that two of my friends (and old housemates) Kristy and Khaled were getting married. I suppose such an event could happen one day because they are dating and have been since we all lived together, but it was quite surprising to me that they had decided to get married. In fact, I didn't really find out about their wedding until I was at the church to attend it. However, that could have been a result of that weird space-time continuum thing that happens in dreams where long range events get squished into about two seconds. I must have found out before the wedding or I never would have made it to the church ready to watch them be wed.
The ceremony took place in the springtime in a church I have never seen before (isn't it amazing how the mind can create whole worlds that have never been visualized before?) and it was definitely set somewhere in Ontario. I still cannot really make sense of it apart from feeling totally scared by the fact that people I know are growing up and becoming real, responsible adults. Not that I am not a real and responsible adult, I just don't think I could take on marriage at this point in time. Leading the life of a perma-student, I can barely take care of myself sometimes.

I don't mean to offend Khaled or Kristy by saying how freaked out I was about them getting married, but it was a bit surreal. I know I am of the age when people do start to consider getting married but none of my own friends have taken the plunge. I did however, recently find out that a girl I was good friends with in high school got engaged over the New Year. I doubt there is any connection between her and Khaled and Kristy. In fact, maybe I should email Kristy just to make sure...

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory