This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Auf Wiedersehen Deutscher

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
The German exam is done, but I cannot promise it was great. My prof and I had a little chat on my way out... she recommended I go have a few drinks. Not so unusual since I had a theory that whenever she left in the middle of class that she was headed for the bathroom to chug some alcohol. I think her comments to me tonight indicate that I may have been correct.

Well... the deed is done. I have committed to spending my Reading Week in England. It's not that I hadn't thought I wouldn't go through with it, but it is much more realistic now that I have paid for a ticket. I am actually quite excited about it now. For some reason our flight goes through Glasgow but I am not concerned or even bothered. I would rather have a layover on the other side of the Atlantic than somewhere in the middle of Canada. Besides, 40 minutes in Scotland will give me enough time to have a drink and properly stretch and have a look around the airport lounge. Too bad my passport will say Scotland rather than England. The same thing happened when I went to Greece -- my stamp was for Amsterdam, but I spent considerably more time in Greece.

Anyways, I guess I have to finally do some packing. I should be leaving here for the airport in 4 hours. Jen has kindly offered to drive me to the airport so she is going to be getting up early with me as well. I am not sure she has really thought this through but I am taking the offer before she can revoke it. Soon enough I will be home battling crowds at the mall, running around buying new computers, and other errands that I never did 6 months ago when I was home. I can't wait to just crash in my own bed.

~D.~


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory