This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Hope for Snow

24 hours makes all the difference. I was sinking into the depths of despair last night but that has passed. I am now finished my crap essay and 10 crappy article reviews. I am still slightly alarmed about tomorrow's German exam but the end is in fact, in sight.

The news from home is that it is snowing. I hope to God it stays that way because I am sick and tired of rain. As pretty as Vancouver can be and as nice as the mountains look... give me a good pile of snow in the middle of December any day and I will be quite happy.

Jen and I trekked out to UBC today to dump my library books - it was very satisfying to shove them down the return chute. Then we headed over to Staples where I invested in a USB flash drive. I figure this may just help me save cd's when I have to take in Powerpoint presentations to school, since I still do not own a laptop. It's also going to come in handy for transporting all my files from Mel's laptop onto my new computer when I get home. I anticipate many good things for little Zippy and I. I also caved and bought a Swingline stapler that staples up to 60 pages. I am so sick of tracking down a good stapler at school that I thought I finally better invest in one of my own.
Anyways, this is all that is new. It's nothing exciting but I feel like a million tonnes have been lifted from my shoulders. I could dance for joy if I didn't have to learn to read German in the next 24 hours. Now it's really friggin' cold in here right -- my feet are entirely numb -- and our heat is already cranked. I swear that stupid furnace doesn't really work. Thank god we don't pay for utilities directly [that I know of].

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory