This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Friday, January 14, 2005

Go to Heaven, Ski like Hell

Jen and I set out for Whistler early this morning to meet up with her cousin Matt and his friends (which never happened) and to try some skiing for ourselves. I haven't skiied in about five years so it was somewhat scary at first, but I think I got back into the swing of things very easily. Skiing the beginner and intermediate trails at Whistler is comparable to the black diamond trails in Ontario. If I ever hope to attempt a black diamond here, I am going to have to get into skiing much more frequently and possibly even take a few review lessons. As it was, I had a good day of it and only fell once, and which I made myself do, because I was going to fast and didn't have the confidence that I could complete a nice turn in time to avoid flying into the forest. It was definitely getting icy on the slopes as the afternoon progressed and both Jen and I were pretty exhausted by 2:30pm. I feel badly that she drove both there and back but she insisted and I was pretty ok with sleeping on the way home. Mel mentioned that she would like to go skiing sometime in the next week or so at Cypress or Grouse Mountain so I will probably do that as well. I might as well get in as much great skiing as I can before I don't live in this province anymore.

In other thoughts... has anyone noticed that Green Day's song 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' sounds like an Oasis rip-off? I couldn't place it at first but it could definitely qualify as a variant of Wonderwall. I searched around on Google and noticed that other people feel it has echoes of Avril Lavigne's song 'My Happy Ending'. I guess it doesn't matter that much since musicians constantly renovate each others songs and the Green Day song is good, but it bothers me that it doesn't sound that original. I can also foresee it being overplayed and becoming VERY annoying much like their other ballad-like song 'Time of Your Life'.

Finally... here are some pics of the new cats Stanley and Mika that I never got around to posting over my break. Stanley is the tabby-ish cat and Mika is the black devil.


Stanley Posted by Hello


Stanley vs. Raisin Bran Posted by Hello


Mika the Queen Posted by Hello


Mika Posted by Hello


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory