This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Pork to the World

Oh the joys of a snowstorm and a three hour drive to Waterloo on the 401. Sometimes I really miss super highways... but the 401 is not really so super (despite being 16 lanes wide) and was not especially so today. An hour and 15 minute drive to Waterloo took Rob and I about three bloody hours. The highlight: a Maple Leaf meats truck with the slogan 'Pork to the World' on the back. If my camera had been handy I would have rolled down the window to document this slogan for the blog. Alas, it was way in the back. Anyways, it gave us a good laugh.

The flight into Ontario was pretty good except that I didn't sleep very well - I usually don't on planes so it wasn't surprising. I had a decent cheese omelette breakfast and watched Elf which was even funnier this time. I finally caught up on some sleep last night. I went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 12:30pm! I think I could still go for some more sleep too. *rubs eyes*

I managed to pick up my brand spanking new computer (Andy promises it is loaded with goodies), have dinner at Dave's house, get to Wilf's to see some more friends and hear Blackwater Trio, and now it is time for bed. The renovations to the pub are awesome... although I think they could have done some better seat orientation so that more people can actually see the stage. I also feel they need to put up the old jerseys on the walls again. It looks quite sparse right now. I am glad that I didn't have to pay for the construction out of my student fees but God knows what UBC is really doing with mine. Martha Piper probably pockets a good percentage of it.

Tomorrow's goals: start and finish Christmas shopping - I don't know if it can be done on what
is supposed to be the busiest shopping day of the year. I dread to think what
might happen if I have to go out again on Christmas Eve.

Also, Rob and I may have quite the time trying to even get back to Toronto. 25cm of snow is on the way with some freezing rain mixed in. The 401 is going to be a massive Slip 'N Slide! Wish us luck that we get home safely.

Ok... must go sleep... very tired...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory