This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Here Comes the Rain Again

The rain that Vancouver is famous for has returned with a vengeance! No more winter weather, temperatures in the negative degrees C, and occasional sunshine. We are all doomed to live in the Shadowlands again. *sobs*
I cannot believe how abrupt the change was, although I have to admit that it was odd for Vancouver to have snow and temperatures below 0. The locals just don't appreciate that with true winter you actually get to see the sun occasionally; something which is always nice in a season where you get a maximum of 7 hours of sunlight per day if you are lucky. Anyways, maybe my black mood will lift whenever the torrential rain does, probably sometime in the next 10 days. Seriously, the weather has forecast consistent downpour for the next week.

I am having a bit of trouble settling into a good routine this semester as well. I find that I can attend classes and whatnot but I have no desire to sit down and read books from my reading list or study in general for comprehensive exams. This is so awful... I do have quite a bit of work ahead of me, especially if I will be in England for two weeks during February. I guess I should have bought a laptop so I could at least escape the house and sit in a coffee shop somewhere and do some work -- just for a change of scenery. There are loads of wireless networks all over the city now, so I could have done that, but I was irrationally afraid of depending on a laptop as my sole computer. I don't like computers that I don't know how to take apart. I guess that is just my personal preference. Eventually though, I will have to give into the convenience of being able to carry your computer with you.

Today I have a 15 minute presentation to give to my Rome class about Fires and Floods in the city. I have to say that it is quite hard to get specific details on some of these events... but I guess I should get back to that assignment (and eat some breakfast too).

I hope the weather is better wherever you (the kind reader) are and that you have a great day. I am over and out...

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory