This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Pineapple Express

Definition of 'Pineapple Express': a massive, warm, wet flow of air from the South Pacific. Such flows are not uncommon in January, and take the name "Pineapple Express" for their typical origins near Hawaii.

Today, because of our lovely tropical torrential downpour a mudslide occurred in North Vancouver, taking out two homes and trapping some people inside. I swear just last week Jen and I were talking about this potential threat on the way up to Whistler. North Van looks like Mediterranean villages that are perched on steep mountainsides... very beautiful but kind of deadly. You just know living in such a situation will be tragic at some point. I know this is an awful thought, but can you get mudslide insurance? I would imagine that premiums on such insurance would be insane. My thoughts are with the people who are suffering because of this event. Let's hope that the last person trapped is found alive by the end of the day.

In other news, Mel and I almost got T-boned by some dumb bitch in an SUV today. She actually had the nerve to accelerate from about 20m beyond the intersection just as the traffic light was turning orange and we were turning through it. She just swerved around us and didn't even bother looking at us like she wasn't at fault. She got the big 'c' word curse from me and a few gestures which I am sure were lost on her. At least it made me feel a little better considering she would have killed me.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory