This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Monday, April 25, 2005

The Killers

Jen and I finally went to see the Killers last night after months of chasing them around. I was so excited because I have been trying to see them in concert since last summer but every time a show came up I had plans. I have missed them about 5 times between Toronto and Vancouver, and even London, England actually. The Killers were playing in London when I was there for Reading Week but of course tickets were long ago sold out and I probably wouldn't have been able to stay awake anyways.
I have to say that last night's show was awesome. Tegan and Sara were the opening band which was a pleasant surprise since I have wanted to see them perform for a long time but could never be bothered to make it to their own shows. Obviously I suck because they rock and I have been missing a great thing.
I was also quite relieved that Brandon Flowers' voice was in good tune last night. I saw them play on SNL a few months ago and his voice sounded a bit messed up. I know that SNL is not a good showcase for many artists (just ask Ashley Simpson), but you never know for sure if there is not a hint of truth to the artist performances. Anyways, a good time was had and hopefully I will be getting some pictures soon from some girl that I accosted with my contact info for her photos. I think I should probably own a smaller digital camera than the one I have, so that I can sneak it into concerts, but I have noticed that security doesn't do as diligent checks anymore for cameras. I think with digital cameras not having to use a flash as often, that it is becoming less of an issue to take pictures at a concert. It's not like security was doing anything to stop the hordes of people who were plainly taking photos during the entire concert. And I guess its hardly fair to stop people with digital cameras when people with camera cell phones are allowed to go through without giving up their phones.
Anyways... enough contemplation on concert picture policies.
After the concert, I went over to Julia's house to have a few drinks and then didn't end up leaving til 4am. But that is a long and sordid story that isn't worth getting into.
Today I am feeling just awful. My body is starting to break!!
After weeks of stress, it is finally getting ill and I have a sore throat and cannot sleep well at all. I have an essay to write and new carpet and tiling are being installed (because of last week's mini-flood)!!! It always works out that shit hits the fan when you least need it to. I need to get through this week (which also involves hearing the comps results) before I will be able to settle down to myself again. I also need some serious massage on my back which is feeling so tight right now that it's hard to sit up straight for too long.
Now I feel guilty for complaining, but really... today I just HURT. Hopefully happier news tomorrow.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory