This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Smushed Dufflet

E. and I went down to 'Prague Fine Food Emporium' on Queen St. today for lunch and since we were in the neighbourhood we took a little detour to Dufflet.
I bought a rather expensive small pastry and they wrapped it in a box for me and I lovingly carried that damn thing back to the office and of course it was perfect all afternoon but got smushed on the way home.
I was going to take an artsy photo of it when it was perfect but now you get to view what I called 'Smushed Dufflet' instead.
I will now also proceed to cram it pitifully into my mouth before dinner. Why am I breaking the "don't spoil your dinner" rule that was pounded into my skull as a child? Because I have a monster headache that I've had all afternoon (I should have left work early but that is my own stupidity) and I just want to eat this damn thing once and for all. I don't even know what it's going to taste like; I chose it for it's artful design. It does have a coffee bean on top if that is any indication of what might be to come. I'll let you know in a minute....

3 min. later:
Oh my god... that was heaven... it was light, crispy, chocolatey, creamy, and damn well tasty! Those are the kinds of treats I would hope to have at a wedding, perhaps my own if that should ever happen. This smushed Dufflet (real name unknown) is highly recommended!

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory