This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oh-ay-sis

Last night's concert was ridiculously good, especially since the last time I saw Oasis must have been when I was 17 or 18 and I only have vague recollections of enjoying it. I should pull out my journals and see what I wrote of them then.
When I told people recently that I was going to see Oasis I got a lot of 'Why?' reactions but Oasis is just one of those bands that I adored in high school and believe it or not, they are even more on top of their game now than ever before. My sister was especially excited to see them since her obsession began about 10 years ago and she had never gotten the opportunity to go and see them live. We also realized that going to see Oasis is a goldmine for looking at hot guys... we enjoyed the eye candy immensely.
The openers, the Arctic Monkeys, are the British band of the moment (and we all know how fleeting that reputation is) but they are genuinely good. They rock as hard as Oasis but their songwriting style is completely different so they aren't just a reflection of their headliner the way most opening bands seem derivative of the main act. I really enjoyed seeing them and if I had the money I would go see their show tonight, but I consider yesterday's gig as a two for one deal.
I have some pretty good photos of the Gallaghers and the A.M.'s that I will post a bit later, but for now you will just have to imagine them.
The most annoying thing about the concert was the couple sitting to my left who managed to sneak a friend of theirs into our row. Our row was assigned seating on the floor so this was just irritating since all seats were allotted for and he clearly did not have a ticket for our section. At one point I got so pissed off with being crowded for my seat that when I went to the bathroom I let the usher know there was an impostor but I guess he chose the perfect time to take a hike for the rest of the show. However, that couple proceeded to get stupid drunk and shriek like idiots for most of the show. At one point the guy picked up his girlfriend and was waving her around like she was a flag. In the cramped space that is floor seating, this was supremely annoying. Eventually they just settled into making out with each other which was far easier to ignore. I was so happy when they took off before the encore... in fact I think most people in the vicintiy of witnessing their antics were relieved.
It never fails that I am always seated near a couple that feels the need to make out or grope each other like it's the end of the world and this is their last night together, at a concert. It must be the alcohol and the euphoria ... it's almost a really good reason to not go to concerts with your significant other if you are going to be like that yourself.

Ok well, I am going to post my Oasis pics on Flickr and you can view them at this url: www.flickr.com/photos/dmcg
I'm also going to save this link in my sidebar for future reference.
I tried organizing my photos into groups yesterday and realized that with the free account you only get 3 free groupings and like 300 free photos to host which has me really starting to consider purchasing the pro account for $25 a year. However, I'll hold back for now and see how many photos I really want to share with the public. It may be less than 300 but I suspect that there will be much more photo taking in the coming months so... we'll just see.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory