This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Long Weekend Season Begins

It's awful that January to April is such a dry period in terms of living without a long weekend, but such is life in Canada (or even North America), the home of the 40+ hour work week and very few holidays. Well, that changes this weekend with the arrival of chocolatey goodness or the Ascension of Jesus or the Angel of Death passing you by. It's the Easter long weekend although I'm being deprived of Easter Monday because ... I don't really know why. If it's good enough for government it should be good enough for everyone else, but I guess the powers that be just can't function with two four day work weeks in a row. On the other hand, I'm perfectly fine with it.
This week feels like it's been overly long and exhausting. Even though today is Thursday it deserves the designation of Friday which it is kind of acting as since tomorrow is a holiday.
I think I am dwelling on this whole holiday factor a little too much here, but I am really looking forward to some rest. This Easter is going to be just Dad and I heading out to the fam in Etobicoke... Michaela being holed up in exam hell and M-A being holed up in Conservative country. It does figure that I have missed the past two Easters and this one, the one I am home for, won't be normal. What can you do though? Soon I'll be missing all sorts of family holidays again, save for Christmas which I hope to always be home for in some capacity.
And the one thing I really look forward to is still 12 weeks away... I should stop looking at the calendar.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory