This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, April 23, 2006

A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere

This week kind of got away from me and even though I thought of blogging (a lot) I never actually sat down long enough to want to do it.
The FF/DCFC concert was great except for the ridiculousness of allowing people to have General Admission in an arena, so it was somewhat chaotic and annoying searching for a seat, but otherwise things were ok. Oh, and the fire alarm went off during DCFC's set which was funny at first because it kind of blended into 'Soul Meets Body' and even Ben G. mentioned that he thought someone had started playing a recorder in order to fuck him up but then it was clear that it was the fire alarm which also added an impressive light show to the ambiance. This went on for 10 minutes because apparently no one in the building knew how to turn it off and the response time by the Fire Department was fucking pathetic, which was also commented on by the band. It was a fair point. I thought there was a fire department station on the CNE grounds because there is definitely a police station and some of the police horses are stabled there. Oh well, that was a bit silly...
But speaking of Franz Ferdinand I heard a catchy loungey-type version of 'Take Me Out' done by the Scissor Sisters. I recommend giving it a listen.
And while we're on music... doesn't that single ('Out of My Head') by Mobile kind of sound like The Stills?

So the "Walmart" site that we are working to clear now has a prehistoric component to it which thrills the 'historic' crew to no end. Basically we have to adjust to different site protocol and paperwork in order to record this stuff. I'd say in general I don't mind working at prehistoric sites with other crews when it's a p.h. site, but it's a pain in the ass to find p.h. artifacts at a place that was only expected to be a historic settlement. If anything it just shows you that people (from all cultures) think the same when it comes to the basics of living.

I woke up yesterday morning with a cold for the second time this month, so I'm feeling on the low end of health at the moment. I also got another slight burn on my face earlier this week. I think I am going to have to change the SPF on my facial sunblock... I suspect the ozone has depleted even further over Toronto, lovely haven of pollution and smog.

Again, I have been ogling the MacBook Pro... that sweet little duo-core intel processor allows people to run any Windows OS on it as well, which is handy for using programs that don't have universal versions yet. I think more than anything that fact will nulify any reluctance on my part in jumping ship from a Windows based PC to the Apple planet. And I discovered that people can have their notebook covers etched which looks much classier than putting stickers all over it. Check out some of these designs... etch a Mac.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory