This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Fate turned around and gave me a big middle finger today. I received an email from the John Mayer Local-83 Society which is the official fanclub ( I joined because you can buy concert tickets before the public and get great seats -- such as the 8th row Floor seats I had to sell last week because I chose to go home ASAP for Reading Week rather than waiting until after the concert on the weekend). The letter I received from them informed me that there would be a Meet and Greet with John Mayer before the concert only for specific Local 83 members... all you had to do was RSVP and show up. I want to officially cry now. It was hard turning over those tickets to some random person I sold them to on Ebay and now it's even harder to know that I officially sold a chance to meet John Mayer. It's not that this guy who now has my tickets can go to this thing because I got the email and have the membership whereas he only has tickets. The thing is that when I first saw John Mayer in Toronto with my sister in November 2002 we also had a chance to meet John Mayer after the show and we couldn't stick around because my sister had a calculus test the next day. I mean she offered to make her way home alone but as if I would ditch her in downtown Toronto in the Warehouse district just so I could meet a singer that I love. I just find it a little twisted that these opportunities have come up twice now and both times I have turned them down. It's pretty disappointing all in all.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory