This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Da Vinci Code Cast

We all knew that a bestseller like the Da Vinci Code was bound to make it to the big screen and for months there have been rumours about the cast. Well, to be fair they might have been more than rumours, but since I don't agree with the lead male choice, I was in denial.
It now seems confirmed once and for all that it will be Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon and Audrey Tautou as Sophie Neveu. I had never at all considered her for the role. In my mind I always pictured Sophie Marceau playing the part, but I think that Audrey could work just as well. However... Tom Hanks??? What a joke! I like him as an actor and I think he seems personable enough but this role does not scream Tom Hanks at me. He might be of the right age but I don't feel he fits the description of a handsome and distinguished university professor at all. I guess when you are friends with Ron Howard, you get offered prime roles that you have no business taking up.
Dave and I always thought that someone like John Cusack would be a better Robert Langdon. Needless to say I am somewhat disappointed. I wonder if I can start some sort of petition before filming starts in June? Who's with me?

Here is the story about Tautou's casting which does mention Sophie Marceau was considered!:
http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2005/01/21/906000-ap.html

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory