This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Idus Martias

Oooh the awful Ides of March are upon us. Today marks the anniversary of the murder of Julius Caesar in the Portico of the Theatre of Pompey in 44 BC.


Julius Caesar Posted by Hello

Now imagine how Roman history would be totally altered if he had been able to be the first emperor instead of Augustus. It's pretty crazy... And just for some additional educational value, Mar. 15th is also the first day of the Roman New Year (Anna Perenna).
Anyways, in honour of the good man, today we should all consider having a (bloody) caesar. I know I will.


Bloody Caesar Posted by Hello



P.S. Loads of schools are finding that my thesis proposal on the Vestals is just too fucking impossible. It's kind of depressing, although Leicester seems really keen on helping me choose a more viable topic. We shall see what happens. I fully expect Newcastle to give me similar commentary, maybe without the offer of figuring out a different thesis.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory