This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

It's Rrroll Up the Rim to Win Season

Last year I was foolish and didn't document how beautiful Vancouver is in the Spring. So today I brought out the camera to show you all that this is the start of the apple blossoms blooming on our boulevard and it's only going to get better in the weeks to come. Today also marked my glorious return to the gym... no more slacking !!
And wouldn't you know it, Monday marked the beginning of Roll Up the Rim to Win season at Tim Horton's. For those of you unfamiliar with the mighty Tim Horton's coffee and doughnut shop chain, it is a glorious contest in which you roll up the rim of your coffee cup to see if you have won prizes ranging from free coffee or doughnuts to cash, a home entertainment system or even a massive GMC truck. I secretly believe that Tim Horton's (or maybe it's just God) strategically places the Roll Up the Rim contest each year in March because it is a temptation for people who have given up sweets for Lent. I find myself avoiding giving up Tim's during Lent because I will cave in anyways, so what's the point? Besides, there are very few T.H. franchises within the city of Vancouver, so I don't go there very often while I am here. Now, working during the summer in Ontario is an entirely different story because going to T.H.'s is a daily event, sometimes more than once.

Enough about Tim and his mighty coffee, it was also Dave's birthday on Monday so I would like to wish him a giant Happy Birthday on here (a few days late) although I did catch you on your birthday :)


Vancouver in Bloom Posted by Hello


Vancouver in Bloom2 Posted by Hello


Vancouver in Bloom3 Posted by Hello


Vancouver in Bloom4 Posted by Hello

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory