This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Monday, March 14, 2005

Pi Day

For all you crazy mathematician types, today is Pi Day! Yes, that means it is March 14th (3.14) and you are probably obligated to go out and eat a piece of pie in honour of your day. My cousin Lori aka The Math Teacher taught me about this last year when she came to visit me on her March Break. I have to say, I was never very good at math and I hated my high school math teacher (she taught me 4x), but I can appreciate a day where you are encouraged to eat a piece of pie.
I am sorry to be so boring lately but not much has really happened, so I can quickly review where I have been in the last 5 days.
On Thursday after class I went out to dinner at a Greek restaurant with some of the 1st year MA students who it seems almost never invite the older students out. Yes, there are 'grade' divides in our department, which I find a bit ridiculous, but it happens. It's not that these students are not nice, they have just formed friendships with each other I think because they are all in the same situation. Anyways, after dinner which was SUPER slow thanks to the REALLY SLOW cook, I attempted to go back to UBC to attend some fireside chat/debate thing at Green College with Dr. Keppie, but dinner just took too damn long so I was late. So, what's a girl to do instead? I went to Koerner's Pub with Cassie and Mel and we proceeded to drink quite a bit. Cassie also engaged some weird lech in a conversation. Turns out he was a 'chef trainer'... what does that mean? Does he teach at a college? Does he work as the head line cook at McDonald's? I just don't know. Anyways, he turned out to be a gem of a person (note: sarcasm) who was obviously only there to check out girls and 'support the live band'. He claimed the live band was the best music he had heard in his life and that the lead singer (Matt Berube or something like that) was the best vocalist he has ever heard. Mel told him that he must not have heard a lot of music then. To which, I responded by choking on my drink with laughter. I am guessing The Lech wasn't too happy that he was being insulted, except that his character was so pathetic that he had totally opened himself up to target practice. His only response was that we were three very bitter girls. Of course I took offense because I never actually said two words to the guy... what an arse. It was an amusing night though.
On Friday again I missed another Keppie lecture because the bank called me up to let me know that my interac card had been used at a business that was under investigation for copying access numbers and PIN numbers. Of course, I had to have it replaced immediately. I am a bit pissed off about this still because this is the second time in a year that this has happened to me. The bank can never tell me where the sketchy business is (it must be some place in Vancouver...) and they always say that the investigation could date back as far as 90 days. Like what the fuck? They were just waiting to see if someone would steal money from my account? Not that it would be very much, but still...? Anyways, people... watch out for stupid nonsense like this. I just wish I knew where I was going that was so sketchy... then I would avoid it or if I absolutely had to go there I would use only cash. Oh well...
The weekend was uneventful... I tried to do homework and was unsuccessful and here I sit on Monday morning, after realizing I have slept in and cannot get to class on time. FUCK! Good way to start the week. Maybe I should go and eat some pie.


Seattle Pi Posted by Hello

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory