This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Monday, March 07, 2005

Aimless in Seattle

Yesterday, Jen, Shaw, and I piled into Fabian (the car) and took a little day trip down to Seattle to check out the city. It is actually quite lovely and has better mountain scenery than Vancouver, although there were some equally dodgy parts of the city. We parked near the Space Needle, which is not as big as you expect it to be, and then wandered around it and the surrounding museums/play areas. I really had hoped to go to the Experience Music Project, but the price was a little steep ($20 US) and there were no student or youth discounts. Although curiously enough, there was a military discount, which even Shaw was surprised to see. Perhaps it will soon become a nationwide occurrence?
We took a monorail into the city to check out Pike Place Market along the waterfront and even had a quick ride on a Merry-Go-Round. I have to admit, the last time I was on one of those was only a few years ago, so I wasn't reliving childhood memories or whatever. It was just a bit of a lark to do.
We did a bit of shopping in the 4th Avenue area but nothing really caught our eyes. I was however in love with a sweater at Abercrombie and Fitch that is just too expensive. I checked it out online when I got home and it is $6 cheaper online but then shipping is $13.95, so it is a bit of a no-go. I was kind of disappointed, but I cannot really afford it, so life goes on. Maybe it will go on sale soon and then I can snag it from the website *crosses fingers*.
The trip home was a bit of an adventure because we thought we might stop in Bellingham for dinner, but the highway signs are pretty poor so we missed it. Plan B was to hit the Olive Garden in Langley, but signage is equally crap on this side of the border too, so we got lost, reoriented ourselves and then just went to Ginger & Garlic in Kerrisdale. At least it was cheap and close to home because by the end of the day I was bloody tired and my feet were aching up a storm.
I do hope to get back to Seattle soon and now that I know how much the EMP is, I will put some money away for that expenditure. Otherwise, not much is new... school is shite as usual. Life is monotonous...

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory