This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Knick, Knack, Paddywhack, Give a Dog a Bone

You'd think I might be able to sit still for about 5 seconds to write my last paper EVER for this degree, but think again. On Monday, the new carpeting and linoleum tile floor was installed and then Jen and I rearranged our furniture. It looks like an entirely new place. Of course, it also helps that the back porch is currently torn down so we are enjoying much needed natural lighting while we still can. Yesterday unfortunately, the massive posts that will support the base of the new deck were put up. I don't see how Mary will be able to justify a raise in rent when the next people who live here will really be living in a cave. I mean I thought it was dark before with a deck 1/3 of the size of what this monstrosity is going to be. It's gonna be insane! I will have to take photos of the apartment before the rest of it goes up just to prove to myself that there was a brief moment in time where I could spend most of the day without our lamps on. My only other wishes for the apartment at this time would be a bathtub, a new window in the living room(which John the contractor said would be easy as pie to install) and some new pieces of furniture and a few replacements of appliances like a new toaster or vacuum. Actually now that I think of it, the pots and pans are getting to be in a bad state. Ah well, I forget my reasons for living here in the first place. It was the first place I saw that wasn't a complete hole, it was furnished decently, and it was CHEAP. Mary will always be able to rent to desperate students, so why am I even thinking ambitiously? Anyhow... the apartment is a more pleasant place to live right now thanks to that damn flood.

My other problem with writing my essay is that I seem to have finally come down with that cold that has been threatening to break out for the last month. There were a few days during the Comps furor where I woke up with a scratchy throat, shoved some vitamins down my throat, and then went on my merry way. I guess now that I am not doing that stress routine, the cold has manifested itself fully and completely. My sinuses are stuffed like a taxidermist's pet and I have a headache, constant nasal drip, and I can barely say two words without having to hack my way through the rest of a sentence. Life sucks. Essay must get done. BLECH!
Anyone happen to have an essay available on Imperial funerary monuments in ancient Rome, particularly the Antonine ustrina? Ok. Yeah. I didn't think so either.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory