This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Monday, May 02, 2005

Wee Me

What do you do when you have written half an essay but can barely hold it together to write for more than half an hour at a time? You create a Wee Mee! It is actually quite fun and with the help of screenshots and Greg to give my character an eyebrow piercing, we have myself! Although I have to say that Greg's own character looks much more like him than mine does me. Regardless, it was a fun 20 minute diversion.


Wee Denise Posted by Hello

I have also had the chance to download and listen to Ryan Adams' new album with The Cardinals, called Cold Roses. It's the first of three that he is releasing this year, so it's pretty exciting if you are an RA fan. I was supposed to see him here in the Couv last year in March, but he bloody well went and fell off the stage in Liverpool in January and busted up his wrist. I guess it's a blessing that he was able to recover mobility in it at all, but he has had to retire some of his guitars because he doesn't have the full range of movement that he once had. Anyways, a glorious return to form is found on the new album. Four songs stick out in my head already - Now That You're Gone, Sweet Illusions, How Do You Keep Love Alive?, and Let It Ride. It's definitely different then Love is Hell but kind of a throwback to Heartbreaker and some of his unreleased music. I think the lyrics are awesome as usual and I like the kind of southern rock feel it has. I can't wait to pick it up for real tomorrow.
Dave, you lucky bastard, I am so jealous that you get to go to see him in concert in Toronto tomorrow. I should be there! *cries* Ok, I am moving on now... sort of.
Back to Urbs Aeterna and Funeral Pyres.

P.S.
One would think since celebrities have oodles of money and all, that if they got pregnant they could afford the latest in awesome maternity clothing. Someone please remind Britney Spears that she has the money to do so and that it's not appropriate to go to the video store looking like you're heading into the shower. All I can think is, poor baby Spears.


BS Posted by Hello

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory