This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Downward Spiral

I just read Jenny's review of last night's Ryan Adams concert in Vancouver, which I had actually considered flying out for. Upon hearing the course of events, I am glad I did not waste the time and money. Jen's review of the show can be read on her blog, and oddly enough it mirrors almost exactly what Dave said of the show he saw in Toronto earlier in the spring.
It's very disappointing to hear that Ryan Adams can get away with behaving like such an ass. The so-called hardcore, dedicated fans merely brush it off as Ryan being Ryan, but seriously... no one, dedicated fan or not, should have to put up with shelling out time and money to get a crap concert. If you cannot stand up, sing, or even speak coherently you have no business flogging your product to the public.
I have been searching around the web for reviews of the Vancouver show as well as checking some of the fan forums and it has been reported that the rest of the tour has been cancelled and the rumour is that some of the band members quit. I would imagine that the bassist got sick of being berated for the last four months in front of every live audience. I feel badly for Jenny and Christie mainly because I raved about how awesome Ryan was the last time Dave and I saw him and Jenny had just convinced Christie that it would be a worthwhile show. Unfortunately, it was not. Hopefully Ryan Adams will take a good long break and re-evaluate what it means to be a performer, someone who appreciates his fans, and can put on a relatively decent showing of his work. Good luck!

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory