This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Yikes... it's been quite a while since I have written. See, I warned you that I might be bad at keeping up sometimes, especially when I get preoccupied with travelling home and hanging out with Dave and doing nothing productive (i.e. schoolwork). Anyway it has been a great week so far ... Valentine's Day went by without a blip which was just fine by me. Dave and I rented videos and had a 'romantic' dinner eating pizza slices standing up in Campus Pizza in Waterloo. We didn't really have access to a car so we were at his house most of the time but we ventured out a few times to go to the library at U. Waterloo and then out for breakfast today. We saw Andrew and Jessica's baby Dahlia on Friday evening and she was just the cutest thing! We bought her an outfit and I hope that in 6 months she can wear it because it is the cutest little stretchy denim dress -- hopefully perfect for summer. After Birss' viewing of the baby we went to a party that Melissa invited us to. It was a bit weird but it was good to hang out with Corrie and Mel again and see some familiar Laurier faces. I am beginning to see that everything I remember about Laurier is disintegrating as people move on in life and from each other. It's kind of sad because I hoped this wouldn't happen but it is and I guess it's not wholly surprising. I am enjoying Vancouver much more now and hopefully next year will be even better.
Dave and I have lots of work to do this week and I am back in TO for the moment for a Dr.'s appt and a job interview tomorrow. I am hoping that it goes well because it is a job at an archaeology company that I would love to work for. At least I would be gaining experience in my field and living in Toronto. Now I have to ace that interview and cross my fingers and toes. I hate interviews and the fewer that I have to subject myself to in order to get a job the better. School has been more expensive than I thought this year although I could be more prudent with the money and tone down buying a lot of the books. But it is just that in the end these are all books I have to read and in some way or another should be in my personal library for reference.... ah well... I love books, what else can I say?
Anyhow I think that tonight I should get a good night's sleep before my big day tomorrow. Dave's bed kills my back and I am excited to sleep on my lovely mattress before being shunted back to that crap bed in Vancouver.
I will write again soon! Sweet dreams and good night all.... ~D.~

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory