This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Yo, I'm Fucking Hungry

Didn't get into Leicester... they are pretty reluctant to have me come and study an Italian archaeology topic if I cannot speak Italian. Fair enough, I can accept this and go out and learn Italian. I have to say that the graduate tutor really did bust his ass to help me get feedback from the faculty who might be interested in my topics. He was cool. So even though I feel a bit disappointed, I think that the situation is definitely redeemable and I just need to sit back and figure out some new plans.
I still haven't heard from Newcastle but I guess in the end I don't expect to get accepted there either, for the same complicated reasons that I have heard from Reading via Janet DeLaine and now Leicester. Oh well, I could use a year to beef up my languages and work off some of that atrocious debt. It makes me cry to think about it but also excited that I can take the time to pay it off without racking up even more.
I will write more tomorrow... I am kind of distracted by hunger right now.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory