This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, February 22, 2004

Aaaahhhh... can Reading Week really be over? I have been so unproductive! Barely any homework has been completed and I fly back to Vancouver tomorrow. The most productive thing that I probably did was watch a ton of movies with Dave over the break (Lost in Translation, Mulholland Drive, Intolerable Cruelty, Roger Dodger, the ENTIRE 1st season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, 21 Grams and finally Mystic River). Ironically, the two movies that I did want to see (Girl with the Pearl Earring and Cold Mountain) were never even once attempted. I guess I will have to save those for a day in Vancouver when I really need a break. In the next week I have two assignments and a major presentation but at least all my Inter Library Loan material has come in. I will have to rush into the library on Tuesday and collect it all -- I hope they haven't sent any of it back yet!
This week has flown by so quickly that I feel like I have hardly done any of the things I wanted to do except spend lots of time with Dave. The next stretch of school is going to be brutal since I have tons of work to do and I won't be home until May :( At least I have a summer job to return to though. I was hired by that archaeology company and so at least that settles what I will do with my time Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 5pm for four months. I am also kind of apprehensive about the student conference that is supposed to happen on May 7th and 8th. I know that I should present a paper but I have no idea what to write or present on. Maybe I could skip town before that but it's an opportunity to put a conference on my resume which is imperative for my future career. And the organizers have threatened to track every student who doesn't participate down and make awful threats... I don't want to let them down after all the work they are putting into it with organization and planning. I guess in the end we will see what happens. It feels weird to be talking about May but the school year really flies by very quickly, I mean next week it will be March already! Where has time gone...?
The other important thing for me to do now is to find a place for next year (hopefully with a lease starting in September although I don't really expect to find that) and inform Elaine that I am leaving. It's probably going to be a lot more difficult than I think but I will be filled with glee at some point either before or after and probably filled with guilt during our talk. Man this entire situation SUCKS! It was so nice to leave it behind for a while. I am really not in the mood to go back to that dark basement... I guess reality must continue at some point, too bad it happens to be right now. Can I press fast forward on this portion of my life? I guess that wouldn't really be fair, but the thought is tempting and thoroughly unrealistic. Anyhow I have noticed that senseless rambling has taken over this entry and so it's probably time to cut it short. I know I have more stuff on my mind but it's mysteriously buried itself and I cannot remember it at the moment. I am stuffed full of a Red Lobster meal and I am going to accompany my dad and sister to Hamilton to drop her off at McMaster. Sometimes I just need a good car trip... anyhow more tomorrow before I board that dreaded flight back to the Van... Sweet dreams and good night! ~D.~

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory