This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Monday, February 23, 2004

Oh man... I finally got the second last episode of Sex and the City downloaded and is it ever good. I am currently trying to hunt down the last episode which aired last night but I suspect that it might be a few days before it surfaces on the internet. It is so brutal that Bravo in Canada is airing the episodes a few weeks behind HBO in the US. I know news of the final show will be on all the entertainment shows and talked about everywhere so it will be hard to avoid finding out how it ends. Argh, how annoying... not to mention the second last show kind of left off in a bit of a cliffhanger...! I am so impatient... *sigh*
Well I woke up pretty early this morning. It must have been around 6am because by the time I hauled myself out of bed it was only 8:20am and my parents hadn't left the house yet but I could certainly hear them moving everywhere. They also took the newspaper with them which drove me nuts because I wanted to do the crossword. Oh well... I guess I will just have to deal with it. I should be washing my clothes at the moment and shoving them all back into my suitcase but I would rather not do anything at all. I am still in super lazy Reading Week mode. I am really dreading going back to school and having to jump right into the grind of things. I could do a bit of homework today so that I won't be totally screwed on Wednesday when I do all my last minute assignments for Thursday morning class... but that would be organized and ahead of schedule which I usually don't like to be unless it is for researching. Actual assignments have to be completed under the pressure of a deadline which is so horrible because then they are probably not of the best quality. How can I change this? I guess I just need a good ass kicking or something.
Anyways I was just reviewing some of the movies that I mentioned I had watched over the break and I think the one that I enjoyed the most was by far Mystic River. I hadn't heard much about it besides the fact that there is an extensive cast of many well known actors and that Sean Penn was up for Best Actor. It reminded me of an episode of Law and Order without the actual prosecution part. You see more of the inner workings of a community after a crime has been committed and the police investigation tied to it. I don't want to give too much of the plot away but if you like murder mysteries it's a great film to watch. I really hope that Sean Penn wins that best actor Oscar because I think his performance was more illuminating than Bill Murray's in Lost in Translation. I am not saying that Bill Murray wasn't great but I think that Lost in Translation was very over-rated. I didn't find it as fantastic as many critics had deemed it. I guess perhaps it was the overall storyline that was just bizarre to me and the back drop of Tokyo seemed like a totally surreal world but I suppose Sofia Coppola was hoping for that. The Tokyo that she portrayed felt like I was trapped in an electric neon anime cartoon except that it was real. I just found it very disorienting and I think that it made me realize that I have no desire to ever go to Japan. It was an interesting film but I don't think that it is something that I wish to ever watch again.
Ok... enough babble... maybe I will check in later before leaving for the airport. Gotta pack... somehow I feel like I am taking more crap back with me then I brought home. How does that happen?

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory