This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Ok this is gonna be short and sweet tonight... It's been a long week, I am damn tired and all this week I have done a half ass job on my assignments. This weekend I have to sit down with a shitload of readings (some which I still have to read) and make sense of them for an hour long presentation on The Sanctuary of Demeter and Kore at Eleusis and frankly the fact that my scanner is acting up is not helping very much. What the fuck? I swear that sometimes I am so friggin organized and then it comes down to this last minute crap where I start having technical difficulties. As you can tell I am in a rather bad mood at the moment *frown*.
I finally went to the Aquatic Centre today to accustomize myself to the UBC pool and I hope to become a permanent fixture there as I have gained some rather unsightly weight in the last year. I have my suspicions about the culprit because my lifestyle hasn't changed too much, but possibly just enough to fuck around with my body and mind a bit. Anyway the weight is moving out the door because I certainly won't be letting it stick around on this body. Also I suppose I forgot to mention that I was hired by that archaeology firm over Reading Week... well working for them in the hot smoggy weather of Southern Ontario for four months will probably kick my ass into some sort of shape that doesn't resemble a lump so I look forward to that too. Although I can guarantee that I will be pretty miserable from about May - September on Mondays to Fridays. At least this time around I can dig for dollars. Next summer I aim to get back on a real Classical dig and head to Sicily with one of my profs. He is taking students this year but I just cannot afford to do that right in the middle of my degree which is being funded by a massive loan that is disappearing rather alarmingly quickly. Ah... the stress of student life and the money which funds it. I can't wait for the day when I have a steady job, no debts and have more than $20 at a time in my bank account. Grr... I am just becoming more irritated as I bitch about things now.
Last night I had a disturbing dream about living in the south in an old Greek Revival Plantation house which was rather run down and also being attacked by armed gunmen. Now where the hell did that come from? Possibly from the fact that I read Cold Mountain recently and the fact that I saw part of ER last night where some freak stole a tank and actually drove to the hospital to open fire on a doctor who wouldn't treat him. Still my dream was freaky and it took place at night and I had to keep running from room to room re-hiding myself and keep loading a rifle. At moments the scenery would change into a modern streetscape that looked like London England (the way they depict it in movies as that is the only way I have seen it) and I would be running with a companion who was younger than me and also related to me but it was not my real sister. I think it was even a little boy. How odd... anyways someone was certainly trying to track us down and I have no idea why. Ok I said this was going to be short and it's turning into an essay. I have to save my writing skills for a creating my Eleusis presentation tomorrow. Good night one and all and have sweeter dreams than mine!

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory