This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Well... back in Vancouver, back to school. Monday night was somewhat hellish for me because I was pretty much uncomfortable on the entire flight and even before that. It started with a migraine headache, then the gate change which took me from one end of the terminal to the other, then a 40 minute delay taking off, a sweltering temperature inside the cabin of the plane ( I wore a sweatshirt because more often than not it's kind of cool on a plane) and the fact that my 'window' seat was really the very last aisle of the plane where there is no window because it's next to that big engine-propeller thing which I found out is VERY loud compared to other seats on the plane. To finish off the bitch session here, I couldn't even recline my seat because it was pressed against a wall, but the person in front of me could and did most certainly recline their seat thereby making my space even tinier. It was just hell... I think on the way home I am going to book a flight with Air Canada. At the moment they have the cheapest seat one way to Toronto for sometime in May so I will definitely look into that because at least the monotony of reading for four hours and 25 minutes can be broken up with a movie. I can never seem to sleep for more than 20 minutes on a plane... it's kind of a bad deal when you think about it because sleep would be lovely.
Anyhow school has been interesting since I have been back. The seminar room where I have most of my classes has been rearranged and bookshelves that once lined the back of the room have been taken out and the wall painted white. It's much roomier now but also more cell-like. And where the hell did all those journals go? I actually want to use one or two but I suppose it doesn't matter now.
There was also a film crew on campus yesterday and of course film crews always seem to park all their trucks outside of the Buchanan building so walking to the library is walking through a maze of white trucks, food trucks, extras tents, etc. But yesterday they were actually doing filming in front of the library so I had to wait a few minutes to get in so as not to block their shot and get yelled at by some scary little director. And in case you were wondering what was being filmed, it was the TV series Tru Calling which stars Eliza Dushku. I haven't really seen her much since her Buffy the Vampire Slayer days although I know she has made some teen horror movies and other such films. Sadly, I didn't see anyone famous... just extras being shot walking into Koerner Library. Maybe I should try and actually watch this show for the day that they air that episode. I didn't even realize it had made it past Christmas without being axed by a network so I guess it must be doing marginally well.
I find it funny when shows that are made in Vancouver sometimes make it obvious. Smallville is also filmed here and I used to watch it much more frequently than I have lately (I need to catch up on episodes since Christmas) but one of the early episodes this season showed Clark in an apartment in 'Metropolis' and apparently the view of the mountains was forgotten in the editing room because I am pretty sure that Kansas doesn't have any mountains. Someone has also published a website detailing the Smallville sets in and around Vancouver and surrounding cities for any interest out there.
I think the next big film to come here will be some indie flick starring none other than Mr. Boobylicious himself aka Justin Timberlake. I imagine he will be well sheltered in some swank hotel downtown for all of March and April.
Ok well I have obviously talked about some rather silly stuff today but hey... we all occasionally need mind-numbing pleasures that distract us from real life. And speaking of real life I should be getting to the library to pick up some books before I start a long day of assignments. Have a good day everyone...

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory