This one goes out to the ones I love. This one goes out to the ones I've left behind. A simple prop to occupy my time.

|

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Spring... ah lovely Spring. A time of rebirth and renewal and the FLU! Agh... I have been caught in the clutches of this horrible illness and of course right at the best time. Working on my project is a bit sketchy and scary since I cannot work as efficiently as I normally would but I've got to work with what I have I suppose.
You know, I thought that winter in Vancouver was fucking with my head because of the lack of snow but I have to say... I am so glad that it's springtime in February. Today down at Quilchena Public School in my neighbourhood there were Little League tryouts at the baseball diamonds! I can honestly say that in Ontario people are still skating on their neighbourhood ice rinks.
I spent the afternoon at Mel's scanning pics and my scanner didn't work any better on her computer than it has been on mine so I am afraid it is just aging terribly and a new scanner might be in order soon. I certainly hope not ... perhaps I can get through the term without a new one and just buy one next year.
On the way to Mel's house I realized that I had forgotten a disk to burn my pictures to so I stopped in at London Drugs and wouldn't you know it, they were all out of CD-R's in the small packages of 10 but they had the 50 pack of cd's on a spindle so I bought that. However, much to my shock and horror I was nailed with an additional $10.50 copying levy because of the new laws in Canada which put a higher tax on all recording gear. I couldn't believe it and trust me if I hadn't needed a disc so badly I would have returned the lot but what else could I do? I think it it somewhat misleading to advertise the price of cd's as one thing and then tack on the additional fee at the register. It made my purchase considerably more expensive than I wanted it to be. These fees should be in the posted price on the shelf and hey... if that makes them less desirable to buy then so be it but at least I won't be shocked by the time I hit the register and look at my receipt. Oh well... ok I gotta get off this thing... I am having another dizzy spell... blech....

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
eXTReMe Tracker Blogarama - The Blog Directory